You may also visit my NEW BLOG.
Let’s try another recipe that will warm your heart and soul on gloomy days such as today. I’m sorry for watermarking my images from now on, but I need to protect them from my unfair competitor who is in the habit is copying them and using them as her own photos. I’m sure you’ll understand and I don’t think that it takes away from the enjoyment of the blog
Oven Roasted Stuffed Potatoes
I named the dish Oven Roasted Stuffed Potatoes. It is a variation on baked potatoes and Hungarian Layered Potatoes. I will also share with you my video for Hungarian Layered Potatoes so you can compare the two. But be assured you’ll be creating something that is so much more decorative but just as delicious.
Prepare Your Ingredients to save time
- 4 Baking Potatoes (cut them as seen on photo, about 3/4 deep about 7 times) Make sure you do not cut potatoes through
- 1 shallot, peeled, sliced
- 1 slice of home bacon cut as seen on photo (you may also use bacon, sliced)
- 2 slice of ham, sliced into strips and rolled up as seen on photo
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil (it could also be olive oil or grape seed oil)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 link of smoked Hungarian Paprika Sausage or any kind of smoked paprika sausage that you like, sliced
You may also sprinkle your favorite spices on the potato as the recipe is not carved in stone The most important thing is that you enjoy yourself and make it your own. Your kids will love to help you with this recipe and I’m certain that it will become another family favorite. You may serve it as a side dish with barbecues or on its own.
Brush inside each slit as well. Also sprinkle with salt and bake in a (375F) pre-heated oven for 25 minutes
Bake for another 15 minutes or until golden. Usually doesn’t need any more than 15 minutes.
Bon Appetite! Have fun with this decorative comfort food Until Next Time
Spice Up Your Life!
FOR MORE FREE RECIPES AND TO PURCHASE COOKBOOKS VISIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SITES